Thursday, August 7, 2008

happy happiness happens day!

Say it three times fast, I dare you!

I've once again been inspired by Gretchen Rubin and her Happiness Project . . .  Her site features her 12 Happiness Commandments down the left side - a concept I've always considered cool. Then, a few weeks ago, she put up a post titled "Six tips for designing your happiness commandments" . . . well, I just had to try my hand/heart/mind at that (creating one's own commandments really puts one in touch with the goddess in one!).

So, in celebration of Happiness Happens Day tomorrow (8.8.08), here are
Kristen's Baker's Dozen Happiness Commandments
:

1. Be you.

2. Breathe - in *and* out.

3. Connect.

4. Be gentle with yourself.

5. Go for the flow.

6. See the miracles.

7. Be grateful.

8. Keep on giving.

9. Ask for what you want.

10. Have some faith.

11. Just do it.

12. Go natural.

13. There's no way to be perfect, and infinite ways to be good.

Let me know should you like elucidation for any/all of my commandments . . . and feel free to share your own rules to be happy by!

No comments: