Sunday, August 31, 2008

the DNC08.


I realize not all my readers (or lurkers) are yellow-dog Democrats like I am, so I don't want to wallow around too excessively in the wonderfully inspirational week we Ds had via Denver. But **WOW**.

Feel free to skip it, but I simply must honor the experience somehow. So I'll go for minimalism with the men:
  • Senator Ted Kennedy: The Lion of the Senate personifies courage.
  • President Bill Clinton: The Boy from Hope takes the high road - and lifts us all with him (he's still got it!).
  • VP nominee Senator Joe Biden: Surprisingly close to Joe Six-Pack for a senior senator, his priorities are straight and his commute is crazy.
  • Barack Obama: Realizing a 45-year-old Dream while managing to transcend the race card . . . Oh, yes. He can. (And he did. And, I believe, he will.)
Following is a pair of posts containing pieces of the spectacular speechifying provided by the two highest-profile women at the event, so you can read and be moved by their words, as I was.

No comments: