Tuesday, July 8, 2008

today, i . . .

. . . got a great new writing project.
. . . got a yelled-across-the-play-yard "Mommy! I love you!" from my sweet son.
. . . didn't lose my patience with my daughter while she dramaticized over having her eyes dilated.
. . . created a new beachy-colored beaded anklet I love.
. . . made a healthy supper of tuna, brown rice and seasoned peas for my family.
. . . got complimented on my new shirt (twice), new specs (twice - see photo) and overall style (wow).
. . . laughed with my husband about how when we're both working at our laptops at the kitchen table, we look just like we're playing Battleship.
. . . didn't do my neighborhood watch block captain duties (I'm a week late!).
. . . ate a little too much.
. . . thought about how all families are mixed bags.
. . . thought about how lucky - and grateful - I am, especially for the family I've got.

1 comment:

Mrs. Geiger said...

hooray! all good stuff. i used to LOVE battleship. that's a funny image.
--suzanne