Friday, May 30, 2008

daily must-do's.

Interesting post from Simply Stated, the blog over at Real Simple mag's website . . . titled "Things to do every day" and written by Gretchen Rubin, it poses the question: What are your bare minimum daily must-do's?

Gretchen's list of seven includes wearing sunscreen, going for a ten-minute walk outside, and touching and talking to everyone in her house with affection.

Here's my draft list to complete "Well, if nothing else, then at least I ...":

1. drank three glasses of water.
2. thought about my intention for the day and my bigger-picture goals.
3. told everyone at home I love them.
4. connected with a friend.
5. pet a dog.
6. sang.
7. paused and breathed.

So, what's your list look like of everyday things you've got to do just to feel human?

1 comment:

Susan K. Morrow said...

That's a tough one! Mine would look something like this: shower/shave, fix hair, apply my face, get Starbucks, check email at least a half a dozen times, eat something at some point, say "I love you!" to my children at least once, and I guess the rest is putting out fires and trying to get some work done, meet some goals and deadlines. But the "bare minimum" must include hair and make-up. What were you thinking, Kristen?