Saturday, July 24, 2010

re-entry to the mainland.


i've been home from hawai'i for three days.
i'm no longer confused, but still rather dazed.

i know, i know. i can't expect sympathy
upon my return from paradise,
no matter how jangly my jetlag is making me.

& i don't. i'm just sayin'
i've got those i-need-a-vacation-
following-my-vacation blues.

but what a wonderful excursion.
a week with my big sister

sight-seeing.
history-learning.
people-watching.
flora-gazing.
music-enjoying.
eating.
shopping.
drinking.
beaching.
sunning.
sailing.
exploring.
luau-ing.

laughing.
laughing.
laughing.

it was full.
it was exhausting.
it was fun fun fun.

we now return to our regularly scheduled program.

laundry.
groceries.
work.
exercise.
the office cleanup project.
the photo catch-up project.

& prepping for our weeklong family road trip vacation,
which begins a week from today [zoinks].

breathe in.
breathe out.

try to get organized &
keep moving forward
while my brain is still stuck in
hula time.

ah, hula time.

mahalo nui loa, hawai'i.
love you as much as ever.

now, off to reality.


image source: me, maui 2010.

No comments: