Tuesday, May 18, 2010

two more weeks.

may comes in a close second to december at our house
as far as extra stuff to remember + do.

birthdays. anniversary. travel.

track & field. field trips. class parties.

special events. staff goodies. teacher gifts.

it's easy to become too deeply entrenched in all that outer
& neglect to tap into all this inner - my center, my needs, my deeper self-care.

i simply forget to feed me.

good morning, tuesday. i'm hungry.
now, soul, what do you want to eat?

quiet.

gentility.

sleep.

movement.

healthy eats.

portion control.

reading.

journaling.

decluttering + settling.

scrapbooking.

songwriting.

getting out in nature.


this is my food for thought, my menu for action.
just for now, just for may.

because summertime is just around the corner.
goodbye, busyness. hello, slow.


image source: photo by aaron straus @ oprah.com

No comments: