Wednesday, September 24, 2008

final feel-good post o' the week.

From a favorite blog, Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project, six ways to do good in under five minutes:

1. Be friendly. Not hostile, rude, neutral or just polite. Give people a smile and a few kind words - it will cheer and energize you both.

2. Say "yes." If you can and you should, then do.

3. Say "no." If your answer is going to be no, then don't put it off. Put the other person out of his or her misery and just say it.

4. Sign up on the national organ donor registry. One minute that might literally save lives.

5. Lead others not into temptation. Encourage people trying to be true to their resolutions; don't urge them to eat the dessert, drink the martini, skip the workout or buy the two-paycheck pair of shoes.

6. Do someone else's chore. Fold a load of laundry or clean the coffeepot. It shows appreciation and thoughtfulness. And remember, what goes around, comes around.

:)

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

This reminds me of something I read not so long ago and has really stayed with me...

"When in doubt always be kinder than you have to."

I am so living my life by that.

And Gues what!!? I have switched to a Wordpress blog and FINALLY have COMMENTS on my site, whee-hoo. I hope you will come visit me sometime.

Jannie, an erstwhile Jazzercizer. I forget what erstwhile actually means but I like the sound of it