Tuesday, June 10, 2008

happiness is a cute shoe.

I wear a size 11 shoe, so I'm no Carrie Bradshaw when it comes to footwear. Sure, I try to find the cutest shoes I can, but being a size above and beyond the "norm" severely limits the selection. Though nowadays, I must confess, it seems more and more shoemakers are beginning to provide sizes for the double-digit girls like me . . .

So imagine my joy when I went to simpleshoes.com to try to order this darling dotty number in an 11, and they actually had it! I had seen these shoes in a couple of different catalogues and a couple of different stores around town, but never in an 11. So I wasn't sure the manufacturer offered them, but they do, and I did, and now they're mine!

The icing on this tasty little cake? They're made from all environmentally friendly materials -- hemp, organic cotton, water-based glues and ortholite/recycled car tire pedbeds (yes, the outsole used to be an actual tire on an actual car). Cool, huh? and they're keeping me looking cool this summer, too . . . :)

3 comments:

iggee said...

You know I love these too... I wonder if they come in other colors... I'll have to go see!

Diana said...

Stinkin' cute -- as you well know!!!

Jannie Funster said...

They're cut e but I look like a total dork in flats.

J