Wednesday, April 2, 2008

the kristen card.

I just love Google Alerts.

You complete a four-blank form, and Google will email you the latest relevant results for whatever you said you wanted to search for. For example, you can use Google Alerts to follow a developing news story as it happens, dish the daily scoop on your favorite (or not) celebrity, or keep up on what's happening in your industry or with a competitor.

Or, if you're a little more self-obsessed (comme moi), then you can watch wherever your name happens to pop up on the wwweb weekly.

So today, I received my once-a-week Google Alerts e-message, and this darling item showed up: the Kristen Card, handmade by Bending Peak and available to buy by Etsy (another awesome website — an e-marketplace for buying and selling all things handmade; it's easy breezy to spend hours browsing around here!) for a paltry $2.00 + $2.00 s&h.

I don't know about you, but it makes me smile. :)

So ... whereabouts do you show up on the Internet? Do share.


Posting P.S.: Thursday morning, Google Alerts sent me an e-message about this posting. Ha!!

1 comment:

iggee said...

I love Etsy too... I use my Upromise account to shop on the internet. Upromise is tied to 1000s of retailers. Whenever I buy from one of those retailers, a % of my sale gets put into a college fund for my kids. It won't cover college, but it will help!

I love Thinkgeek.com for my cute, nerdy husband. Lots of fun techie gadgets there!