Thursday, October 15, 2009

for today.

prompts courtesy of The Simple Woman's Daybook via Ali Edwards . . .

FOR TODAY
October 15, 2009

Outside my window . . . sunshine, breeze, hundreds of migrating butterflies.

I am thinking . . . about my daughter's birthday, money & family.

I am thankful for . . . my good life. Weather changes (well, some). Our tidy little bookend dogs. The new superhero my son thought up. Getting things done. Reminders from the Universe.

From the kitchen . . . a banana & takeout.

I am wearing . . . a navy scoop tee, dark gray yoga pants, my fall/winter seasonal specs.

I am creating . . . a kickass kittycat party for my girl, a baby book for my boy.

I am going . . . to pick up the kids once I'm done with this post.

I am reading . . . I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou. Very, very s-l-o-w-l-y.

I am hoping . . . we all stay healthy & flu-free.

I am hearing . . . silence at this moment (wow).

Around the house . . . Hank is showering, the dogs are wrestling, the wind chimes are busy.

One of my favorite things . . . rice krispie treats. Mmmm.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . party prep, cleaning, groceries, sister visit, twosome time, vacuum, wrapping, favors, lists, cupcakes.

A picture to share . . . my almost 11yo all summerfied a la August [see above]. Love all her freckles. Love her tangled hair. Love her skewy eyeglasses. Love her & all her in-betweeness. :)

No comments: