Wednesday, May 9, 2007

smile.




Smile . . .

Because this wasn't you.

At the sheer shock & awe value of such a photo.

Because now you know a little secret about this photo: I'm smiling only because the swarthy, rather harsh trapeze instructor barked from the ground as one of his monosyllabic orders, "Smile!!" But it does make for a happy picture, doesn't it?

It was, for me, a two-hour lesson in embracing imperfection, the union of my own physical capabilities and limitations, and being present — none of which I mastered, by the way. But hey, it was a lesson, right?

And it was a hoot. A once-in-a-lifetime hoot.


Own your magnificence.
The world needs your brilliance & grace.

Happy Mother's Day.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KRISTEN!

What amazing pictures! Ok, I have got to take this class at the Crossings with my husband. Then I'll take it with my daughters. And my best friends. And by then I'll have my own circus!

I love you. I think you are such an incredible woman. And I forgot how tall you are until I saw you the other night. Thank you for helping me. Looking forward to our time together to chat and chew.

XO
Sara

Single Mom Hanging On said...

Wowza, darlin'! "Swinger" takes on a whole new meaning! I'm proud of you; reminds me of my surf camp adventure - "yes, I want to do this, but, no, thank you, I'd rather not die on vacation."

Hope you had a great Mother's Day. My weekend was better for having spent time with you, one of my favorite mothers!

Love, Wee (Leigh)