Tuesday, June 23, 2009

for today.

prompts courtesy of The Simple Woman's Daybook via Ali Edwards . . .

FOR TODAY
June 23, 2009

Outside my window . . . the birdbath is full of fresh, cool, aqua water, still & waiting for bathers.

I am thinking . . . I'm beginning to emerge from my weeklong funk (long week).

I am thankful for . . . the smell of new-mown lawns, the big summer-blue sky, the deep sweetness of my little boy.

From the kitchen . . . last night: honey-pecan chicken, green beans & fresh tomatoes; tonight: pizza.

I am wearing . . . Life is Good tee & loose, long shorts.

I am creating . . . website content for a safer plastics company (professionally) & scrap-plaques (personally).

I am going . . . to eat a banana now.

I am reading . . . 'Til Death Do Us Part by Kate White.

I am hoping . . . everyone will be responsible for their own happiness.

I am hearing . . . Putomayo's Acoustic Brazil album.

Around the house . . . things are manageable, but not as decluttered as I might like.

One of my favorite things . . . The Donkey Song by Frank "Sugar Chile" Robinson (desperately seeking the mp3).

A few plans for the rest of the week: **work**, exercise, supper with blondes, coffee with dear friend, My Man Godfrey with husband, storytime, visit with friend & baby, clean up for housekeeper, love kids, laundry & pack for camp, lunch with family.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . . [see above].

No comments: